Green Heron Bed and Breakfast
The policies for The Green Heron Bed and Breakfast are listed below. Please contact the innkeepers if you have any questions or concerns about the policies prior to making your reservations.
Reservations and Rooms
- Posted room rates do not include a 6.875% sales tax and a 3% Lodging Tax and are subject to change. Rates are for one or two persons in a room. An additional $25 per person, per night may be charged for additional guests in the room. The Loon room will accommodate additional guests. A full breakfast is included in the room rate.
- For reservations at The Green Heron Bed and Breakfast, please call (218) 999-5795. A valid credit card number is required to hold a reservation. Visa, Master-Card, Discover, and American Express cards are accepted.
- Reservations canceled within 3 days of scheduled arrival will be subject to a charge to that credit card for 50% of the booking unless we are able to re-book the room. Reservations canceled within 48 hours of scheduled arrival will be subject to a charge to that credit card for the total amount of the booking unless we are able to re-book the room. No-shows will be billed for their entire visit. Cancellation requests MUST be made in writing or by email (email@example.com) and must be confirmed to the guest by The Green Heron Bed and Breakfast.
- Reservations of both rooms by the same party are subject to a non-refundable 50% deposit at the time of booking. Payment of the balance is due 30 days in advance of the first reserved day. If either of the rooms reserved are cancelled within 30 days of scheduled arrival, no refund will be given unless we are able to re-book the room(s).
- Check-in is between 4:30 and 7:00 p.m. and Check-out is 11:00 a.m.
- Only registered guests are permitted on the property between the hours of 10:00 PM and 7:00 AM.
- Well mannered children over the age of 10 are welcome as guests anytime when accompanied by an adult. Younger children are permitted only when the entire Green Heron Bed and Breakfast is booked by their family group. Extra guests in the room will be billed at the rate of $25 per night. Children under 5 are free.
- The Green Heron is a tobacco/nicotine-free establishment. Smoking is not allowed within 50’ of any doors or windows. Anyone abusing this policy will be asked to leave and charged for their full reservation plus the cost of having the room professionally cleaned.
- Candles, incense, and any other open flames are not allowed in the guest rooms at the bed and breakfast because of fire danger/insurance coverage requirements.
- We can accommodate pets. See our Pet Policy.
- The waterfront can be dangerous…see our Waterfront Policy for details.
- Our business hours are 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. We are not always immediately available by phone, so leave a message and we will call you back as soon as possible.
- Quiet hours are from 9:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.
The policies for The Green Heron Bed and Breakfast waterfront are listed below. Please contact the innkeepers if you have any questions or concerns about the policies prior to making your reservations.
- There are no lifeguards on our beach. Swim and boat at your own risk.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Life jackets are required for all when using our watercraft. Various sizes are available.
- Children under 6 years of age must wear life jackets on the dock.
- No diving from the dock.
- Our docks are wooden. Please don’t run on them. Shoes recommended.
- Your privately owned or rented boats may be pulled up on our beach or tied to the dock during your stay at the Green Heron.
- Fires only in the provided fire pit. We can provide skewers for roasting marshmallows, hotdogs etc.
- No fishing from dock while others are swimming.
- Please rinse all sand off before coming back inside the Inn or guest rooms.
We gladly welcome your well-behaved, vaccinated pets when both rooms are reserved by the same party. Please review the inn’s Pet Agreement listed below if you plan to bring your pet to the Bed and Breakfast with you. You will be asked to sign a copy upon arrival.
- The Green Heron Bed and Breakfast is pleased to offer guests pet-friendly Minnesota lodging.
Green Heron Bed and Breakfast Pet Agreement
- Our pet agreement is meant to ensure the comfort and safety of all guests and to protect people, pets and property. Please review the following policies and be prepared to indicate your acceptance by signing a copy when you check-in. If any of the items on our policy make you uncomfortable, please consider boarding as an alternative.
- Advance reservations are required for all pets.
- Guest pets should be socialized with humans and other animals. Destructive, aggressive, uncontrolled, or noisy pets will not be tolerated at the Green Heron Bed and Breakfast.
- All shots for your pet must be current.
- Your pet must be on a flea prevention program.
- Pets cannot be dropped off early (before check-in) or left after check-out.
- Our property has many ways for an unfamiliar pet to get in serious trouble; the waterfront, gardens, neighboring pets, and predators such as eagles, owls, wolves, raccoons, fox, and skunks are all potentially dangerous to pets. Leashes recommended.
- Pets are not allowed in the dining areas.
- Pets are not allowed on any furniture. (BEDS ARE FURNITURE)
- If left alone in your room, your pet must be in a secured kennel and must be quiet. One large, one medium, and one small kennel are available for guest use.
- Rooms are cleaned/ freshened daily. Your pet must be OK with this if in the room.
- You will be liable if your pet damages Green Heron property. Let us know if there are any mishaps. We’ll try repairs (and we are pretty good at them) before adding to your bill.
- If one of those inevitable ‘accidents’ occurs, please clean up after your pet immediately or notify an innkeeper. Cleaning supplies are available.
- If your pet is dirty after an outing, please use the basket of towels provided to clean and dry your pet before allowing your pet into the carpeted areas of the room. If you need more towels please contact the innkeepers. Please do not use the bath or beach towels on your pet.
- Dog owners should pick up after their pets. Let an innkeeper know if you need waste bags.
- Pet owners will be liable for lost bookings due to clean-up of pet messes or damage to rooms or furniture!