It was a labor of love building this patio! After six days of intense work, we made some observations.
1. Building a patio is much like cleaning a window sill…the jobs keep growing.
2. You will smash a finger at least once.
3. It’s good to have all doors and windows on that side of the house closed.
4. It can bring out obsessive / compulsive tendencies,
“What do you mean it’s dark and you can’t see anymore?! Here, let me get you a light.”
5. You can indeed survive on bread and water, maybe some cheese, cold chicken and wine for a week! Chocolate chip cookies are good too.
6. Cooking, laundry and other chores go by the wayside…see #5.
7. No other exercise needed, sleep comes easy.
8. You should never run out of oversized band aids.
9. Work gloves are eaten by pavers!
10. The work clothes, conscientious 50 something’s wear do nothing for tan lines…no sandals or cute sundresses for a while…
11. It’s going to be so nice to be able to serve breakfast or appetizers on the “patio”
We are so happy with our finished product, and we know our guests will love it too! Are you interested in taking some time to slow down and visit our spot on Pokegama lake? Give us a call or send us an email to get your stay booked. Our patio is ready and waiting!